Greetings from Northern Virginia

twahl

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
19
Location
Manassas
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers!

I went quite a few years without aquariums, having kept both fresh and saltwater from sometime in the 70s as a kid to the 90s as a young adult. I get back into freshwater about 7 years ago, and went salt again a couple of years ago. We've come a long ways from undergravel or wet/dry filters!

I currently have a Red Sea Reefer 300 G2+ that I transferred over from the glass 75 gallon I started with in June last year, and it's going well. I'm working on setting up a nano frag tank.

Anyway, I live in Manassas, VA, about 35 miles west of DC, and just realized that I have been lurking for a long time without having actually posting anything. So, hi!

20250126_182110.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Greetings and welcome to the reef! I'm in the DC metro also and am the WAMAS moderator here on R2R. Send me a private message and I'll get you plugged in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new