Greetings from Rockford, Illinois

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following the moderator's advice, I'll provide a brief introduction as a new member. I've been keeping fish since the 60's and should be a whole lot better than I am. Started with freshwater and eventually moved to saltwater. I was fortunate that my wife enjoyed the hobby too. In 1995, we set up our current tank, a 225-gallon acrylic. Started as only saltwater fish, but later we picked up some easy corals without much thought of what we were doing. There were good years and bad years, funny stories, and catastrophes. Our kids treated the fish as pets, for better and worse. Life. During the pandemic we decided on another equipment upgrade. The Neptune Apex formed the backbone which started us watching YouTube videos leading us toward the reefing end of the hobby. I knew it would never be the same when my wife suggested Reef-A-Palooza in Chicago next month. So, since we have been turning to R2R for advice from time to time, we thought it would be good to officially join. Also, we don't personally know any other reefers in the Rockford/Belvidere area, so this seemed like the next best thing.
Welcome!!!

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
Goofy Movie Hello GIF

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

PRReefNoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I'm also from the Rockford/Belvidere area! Are there any local groups, stores, or resources that I may not be aware of? The only store I'm aware of relatively close is Main Reef Specialties, but they're not always open. Thanks in advance and it's cool to know there are some reefers in the area! Phil

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back