Greetings from Tennessee

rhailey931

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody!

I'm getting back into the hobby after a couple of decades away. I picked up a Coralife Biocube 32g and am setting it up as a reef tank. I'll be reading, lurking and learning as the tank cycles. Looking forward to seeing what everybody else is doing!

OP
OP
rhailey931

rhailey931

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME to R2R. You are definitely going to love it here. What are your big plans for your reef?
No huge plans yet. I'm going to cycle with live rock, add a couple clowns, let things get stable, and then start the corals. From what I understand about the BioCube, it should be good for soft corals and some LPS, so that's what I'll concentrate on. Add a couple shrimp and maybe a feather duster, and an anemone for the clows, and then we'll see where it goes.

I got big too fast last time, so I'm going to go slow and enjoy watching things grow this time. There may be a large tank in my future (I'm interested in advancing to clams) but that's a ways down the road.

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome to R2R and glad to have you back!

AD143AEA-D70F-4E43-B26F-008B53A14BAD.gif

OP
OP
rhailey931

rhailey931

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to the hobby,rhailey931. I'm sure u know that a lot has changed since you were last involved with this hobby. GL
I've noticed some of the changes already. LEDs have pretty much replaced CF lights, which is nothing but good. It seems there's been a shift away from live rock to artificial rocks, which is one of the things I'm looking to learn about. Cycling still seems to be the same, although it seems the way I did it before, with live rock and no fish has become the standard. I never liked putting a fish through the stress of cycling a tank, no matter how hardy they are.

I'm sure I'll see other changes as I go forward.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back