Greetings Frrom Sunny Cape Town SA...

MistaOrange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys & girls I'm just introducing myself to this forum as it's the right thing to do. Anyway I'm Michael from South Africa Noooo we do not have lions & elephants or any wild animal running around our streets, the only animals running the streets are us reefers... :tongue:... I've been reefing since 2008 but had a breakl for a year & in Jan I got a cube as I missed the hobby way too much & now I have a 700mm x 600mm x 500mm cube as we say a 210 liter reef tank, sump is 75 liter & has TS1 skimmer & Orca biocubes running the bomb method that's it nothing special as it's a budget tank with mostly zoas & loads of caulerpa of various kinds. Fish well not much just yet but am building it up, 2 x red scooter blennies, 1 blue stripe pipefish, 1 x halloween hermit named lil mo & a psychedelic urchin. There's aprox 11 types of zoas & more to come in December :xd:...

I'll post pics once I get the hang of the forum...

Oh yes when I load pics please be warned there is some pink fluff of death that I'mm battling with ATM but winning as the mexican turbo's are doing an awesome job...

Thanks for the welcomes in advance...

OP
OP
MistaOrange

MistaOrange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little teaser...

Told you it's psychedelic...

005.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mista, snorkeling must be nice in South Africa, I was in Mombasa a long time ago.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Hey guys & girls I'm just introducing myself to this forum as it's the right thing to do. Anyway I'm Michael from South Africa Noooo we do not have lions & elephants or any wild animal " But you've got Great Whites launching out of the water like a bass after a june bug! Welcome to REEF2REEF!!!!

Great-white-sharks-off-Se-007_zps9d085ebb.jpg

OP
OP
MistaOrange

MistaOrange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

I'm not sure if your sponsor would ship the prize to SA but thanks for the invite.

OP
OP
MistaOrange

MistaOrange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mista, snorkeling must be nice in South Africa, I was in Mombasa a long time ago.
Well Cape Town has the cold atlantic & the water is freezing but if we go further up the coast we hit the indian ocean & there's some awesome sea life there A friend of mine caught a juvi Kingi Angel around East London wich I'm very jealous of... Hehe anyway yes we have some pretty cool life here...

"Hey guys & girls I'm just introducing myself to this forum as it's the right thing to do. Anyway I'm Michael from South Africa Noooo we do not have lions & elephants or any wild animal " But you've got Great Whites launching out of the water like a bass after a june bug! Welcome to REEF2REEF!!!!

Great-white-sharks-off-Se-007_zps9d085ebb.jpg
Dude you have no idea how awesome it is to see in person, we've seen a few predations on seal pups sad but it's nature. We've done a few dives where we had close calls but honestly we not on the menu they just curious & come close to see if we a threat or a meal... LOL

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef!* Officially. I can only imagine how the hobby may be different in your country.If you know of anything I would be interested.
DSCF8181_zps90423a7_edit_1417050065596_zpsrruomin_edit_1417632743252.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 43 29.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back