Greetings! Newbie Here!

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to R2R! You’ll find that people here are friendly, knowledgeable, and ready to help. We’re glad you joined! Hopefully you’ll start a build thread so we can see your reef as it progresses.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Crypto Bitcoin GIF by Cyril Blondel

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, a Rugops Primus Here!
So anyways, I joined this forum because as someone going into Marine Biology and because I love corals so much, I thought I would roam inside of it learning as much as I can about them.

Do I have a tank? Yes and no, meaning that while I do have a tank, it is unfortunately not saltwater which I want so bad. Freshwater is kinda boring tbh. Growing plants for me is fun and while I know that corals aren't plants, I imagine that growing a living animal that grows like a plant would be much more entertaining also I have really learned to be patient and to be involved with my tank which is fun too.

What if I did have a saltie tank though and what would it look like?

For me, I would choose softies and LPS corals (my favorite coral is Ricordia Florida and the White Hammer Coral). I'm not too much into fish but I do like the Marine Betta (aka Comet) and the CBB. Thanks guys!

Welcome! Glad you joined.

You can find it online - Reef Hobbyist Magazine recent 2022 Q4 just had a nice write up on saltwater planted tanks, so don't limit yourself if plants truly are a passion. I've temporarily converted my 5gallon fish QT tank into a macroalgae grow out tank for my tangs' snacks.

This might help you find people local to you in Vancouver:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Back