Greetings!

wyattray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am a long time Aquarium Hobbyist, I recently upgraded from Fresh Water to Saltwater about a year ago. Im Currently in the process of upgrading my 39 Gallon bow front aquarium to a 70 Gallon Artisan II. I look forward to reading some post and getting some more ideas on how to succeed in this tank migration process.
Im currently semi cycling the new tank but I still have a few hurdles to over come before I can start the full migration.

-I am missing pieces for my Reactor, mur-lok elbow, so Im not running that right now.
-The stock pump is not pushing enough water, its working but I need more since I hard plumbed the reactor into the return line
-Still need a Filter Sock and Hanger ( Was hopping BRS has one go on Door busters)
-ATO Container has been ordered,
-The Skimmer is not as good as I would like, its loud due to it being a HOB and the return being to high, I have rigged it with a tube because the pipe is metric and I was unable to extend it. Since the tube is bigger it is causing massive amount of air and noise. I ordered a metric replacement from Aliexpress waiting for that to come also.
- My old tank has a bad hair algae problem, I battled phosphates in that tank for 3 months and came to conclusion that the filtration I rigged would not meet my needs for a tank. Before the rock goes into the new tank, I am doing a 3 day black out in the current sump. Im hopping this helps with the cycle and the whole hair algae ****.

I was going to do a new tank build but I got the tank and just started, I think im to far now.

Current Tanks
-39 Reef
-70 Reef In Process
-90 Mixed Cichlid

UQHVDKu.jpg
N4w641e.jpg
i9HqBcm.jpg
au2WWkY.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score