Grey dust on my sandbed???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Larry101
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Larry101

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2020
Messages
332
Reaction score
144
Location
Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video of this grey hue dust on my sand-bed. What is this? How do I get rid of it?
 

Attachments

  • 670647F8-B7B6-47EC-A528-1BE447541AE8.MOV
    9.2 MB
I can’t see the vid but I have a gray looking powder that’s sediment from my rocks
 
Likely mulm or Detrious. Simply siphon up. This dust suggests you have a dead spot (area with little to No flow)
 
Likely mulm or Detrious. Simply siphon up. This dust suggests you have a dead spot (area with little to No flow)
I couldn’t siphon it all up, I got about 75% of if but there is definitely still some left on the sand bed. Should I add another powerhead? Is there any other way to remove detritus?
 
Cerith snails are known to eat and deal with detrious. Worth a try
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new