Dust from light

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryan_W06
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ryan_W06

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Messages
21
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is full of dust falling off from my light it’s constantly getting into the tank and making my tank look not as good.

Does anyone have any tips for getting rid of it? I clean and dust off my light but it still continues.

It also could be a mix of things because my whole tank is full of it my parameters are:
Nitrate-2.8
Phosphate-3.5
Alk-8.3

So not sure if it’s a bacterial bloom possibly.

Here is it on top and in the tank.

20260514_112330_4F3204C6-3984-43AE-91CA-580D59799D52.png


 
Dust from lights (?) hmm this is the first !

If i have to guess, you are prob referring to the film buildup on top of the surface.. How old is your setup?

It is very common to get that oily and dusty layer on top if you dont have enough flow and or filtration.
try bumping up the flow and use filter socks for a little while to remove it.
 
Dust from lights (?) hmm this is the first !

If i have to guess, you are prob referring to the film buildup on top of the surface.. How old is your setup?

It is very common to get that oily and dusty layer on top if you dont have enough flow and or filtration.
try bumping up the flow and use filter socks for a little while to remove it.
Yeah I’m not sure I just watch the dust falling into my tank constantly.

I’ve had the tank set up for about 2 years now but I’ll try to add some slow towards the surface.
 
LED have fan and dust attracts to fan. Dust are in the air
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new