Grey spot on blue tang (not ich)

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been watching this guy at the store for a few weeks now. He is eating well, acting normal, but has this one little gray spot in the black.

Any idea what it could be? He's never seen any meds, but I don't suspect ich because it hasn't dropped off or spread at all in 2 weeks.

IMG_4345.jpg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 2 weeks of watching him, and he seems fine to you, if you like the fish I’d write it off as just a ‘boo-boo’ and buy him. Lol! Best wishes.

Upvote 0

Charles2465

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a fluke hard to tell in the photo because the guys are small. Do a little research on if it is. If so a fresh water bath should pop it right off and prazi pro will do the rest.

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been watching this guy at the store for a few weeks now. He is eating well, acting normal, but has this one little gray spot in the black.

Any idea what it could be? He's never seen any meds, but I don't suspect ich because it hasn't dropped off or spread at all in 2 weeks.

IMG_4345.jpg
Probably just a "bleb" from an injury. Flukes are clear and won't show up in a photo like that. The fact that it is on the black stripe makes it stand out more.

Jay

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back