Grommet ideas for controller board?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jayteerq
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jayteerq

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2024
Messages
841
Reaction score
425
Location
Worcester, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys, just finished mocking up the layout for the controllers on my new build. I feel like I might need 3-4 different grommet sizes for all the different types of wire connections but would really like to stick to 1 to 2 max. Can you guys show me what you’re running for grommets on your controller board?

IMG_8971.jpeg
 
The covers are removable.I don’t plan to cover all of them on the board I’m building. The hole with 1 or two wires going to a controller I will have them on but for the hubs like the eb bars. There are so many wires running through them there is barely any visibilityThrough them and don’t need a cover if you drill the right size hole. Only the outside bezel be used to give clean edges. Given how my set up is, its tough to run wires through the board so i ran the same 6ft extension cables to all slots of the EBs even if they are not in used so i can just easily plug into later which fills the two whole entirely. For the base unit I’ll probably use the cover but may need to shave the opening a bit bigger with a dremmel
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1437.jpeg
    IMG_1437.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 59

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new