Grouper cloudy eyes

hrdneglcry

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
718
Reaction score
212
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sort of saw it when I bought him but it wasn't bad but now my Grouper has two cloudy eyes. I have had him for over a week. He eats very well but both if his eyes are cloudy. I started treating with Rally Pro because I read that its likely bacterial and that Rally Pro can fix it. Its day three now though and I'm not sure anything has improved. He was bought like this. No other symptoms or spots on the body. Can you give me some input?
 
I sort of saw it when I bought him but it wasn't bad but now my Grouper has two cloudy eyes. I have had him for over a week. He eats very well but both if his eyes are cloudy. I started treating with Rally Pro because I read that its likely bacterial and that Rally Pro can fix it. Its day three now though and I'm not sure anything has improved. He was bought like this. No other symptoms or spots on the body. Can you give me some input?
Rally is slow to work and with both eyes can be injury but likely bacterial and best is maracyn as pictured below with added aeration.

1729812103756.png
 
I sort of saw it when I bought him but it wasn't bad but now my Grouper has two cloudy eyes. I have had him for over a week. He eats very well but both if his eyes are cloudy. I started treating with Rally Pro because I read that its likely bacterial and that Rally Pro can fix it. Its day three now though and I'm not sure anything has improved. He was bought like this. No other symptoms or spots on the body. Can you give me some input?

Can you post a picture, or better yet, a video?

Groupers have a normal "sheen" to their eyes, you might just be seeing that. If the eyes are milky white cloudy, it could be Neobendenia flukes. If the eyes are cloudy and protruding, it could be injury/infection.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new