Grouper species identification

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked my lfs to send me the stock list and I found a grouper called a 'sunk grouper' it's extremely beautiful and I bought it without a second thought so it's gonna be shipped to me by tomorrow, i asked the lfs to send me a picture of the grouper and yet i have not found any information regarding something called a 'sunk grouper' but i stead I had gotten information on a 'skunk grouper' I had called to ask if there was a spelling mistake but they said no so here's a picture it is infact a juvenile

When I googled the grouper's name it showed the Goliath grouper so I was really close to cancelling the order Lol but my doubts were cleared when I compared this grouper to a juvenile Goliath grouper and sure enough they are not the same species

Screenshot_2024-04-01-14-42-43-491_com.whatsapp.jpg

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That the soon to be mine grouper doesn't have a white stomach so it confused me a bit

Screenshot_2024-04-01-14-53-49-808_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up red louti grouper, or cherry louti grouper, also known as the skunk grouper, or yellow lyretail grouper.

Many fish have the same common names. There is no such thing as a SUNK grouper.

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up red louti grouper, or cherry louti grouper, also known as the skunk grouper, or yellow lyretail grouper.

My god! I didn't think i would've hit the jackpot with this fish! It's absolutely spectacular, over 2 year's of finding stocks at the store and this is the first time I have ever seen this grouper and i am so glad that I got it, thank you so much for the identification!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-01-16-29-05-401_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-01-16-29-05-401_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 23

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 63 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back