Groupers

The groupers that I'm aware of for your home aquarium grow to over a foot long. I am not aware of small groupers for small tanks. Let's see what the #reefsquad has to say.

EDIT TO ADD:

Just looked up the Groupers at liveaquaria, and here's what I've found:

Blue Line Grouper - min. tank, 250G
Miniatus Grouper - min. tank, 180G
Pollenei Grouper - min. tank, 250G
 
Last edited:
The groupers that I'm aware of for your home aquarium grow to over a foot long. I am not aware of small groupers for small tanks. Let's see what the #reefsquad has to say.
Fairy Basslets, Soapfish, Groupers, Sea Bass are all members of the Serranidae family. :)
 
Can I put those with a lion?
If it’s big enough to fit in its’ mouth, no. Lions aren’t aggressive fish, but any fish they can swallow, they will, eventually.
 
Triggers are fine with lionfish and wont notice each other. As long as it's not small enough to get swallowed but that's what there triggers are for, to not get swallowed.
 
Triggers are fine with lionfish and wont notice each other. As long as it's not small enough to get swallowed but that's what there triggers are for, to not get swallowed.
What kinds of triggers do you recomend?
 
Any kind you like but your tank size will limit certain ones that get bigger, grow faster, etc... they dont grow as fast as a grouper does. If you do get a trigger whatever you do DONT get a QUEEN TRIGGER.
 
I don't think there really is any trigger appropriate for a 60g
 
upload_2019-4-2_19-3-0.jpeg


Compact, peaceful
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new