MaxtheCat

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I bought a little 7 gallon cube with a good Fluval light in hopes of growing another copepod colony in our garage. I‘m culturing phyto to feed them. Do I need to filter this water? I was going to use an air stone. I was hoping to give them chaeto to live in but wouldn’t that need filtration? Any tips for me?

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I haven't used a filter on my copapod culture. Just a slow air pump and a small live rock. I also used bottle/dead phyto and the occasion pinch of reef roids and the pods did just fine

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

Lukey2018

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi, this is one of my first posts on R2R. I have a 10gal little tank that in using for breeding copepods. There are THOUSANDS of them in there at the moment. The problem I have is that they all seem to just spend the whole time stuck to the glass. So I'm just wondering if I could get some suggestions on how to get them from the little tank to my display?

Mikedawg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi, this is one of my first posts on R2R. I have a 10gal little tank that in using for breeding copepods. There are THOUSANDS of them in there at the moment. The problem I have is that they all seem to just spend the whole time stuck to the glass. So I'm just wondering if I could get some suggestions on how to get them from the little tank to my display?
YouTube has several good videos on harvesting pods; might check there

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
You might see a ton on the glass but I bet if you strained some of the water through a coffee filter you'd have lots of pods in there. Then just dip the coffee filter into your main tank

Top Shelf Aquatics

sherb

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

Toys For Kids Drive

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

AlgaeBarn

Have you ever had a nano reef tank?

• I have one now (leave a photo in the thread)

Votes: 177 47.5%
  • Yes, but in the past

Votes: 82 22.0%
  • No and no plans to have one

Votes: 59 15.8%
  • No but I want to have one in the future

Votes: 48 12.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 1.9%

AquaCave Logo Banner