Growing monti cap on glass?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigTomo003
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BigTomo003

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2020
Messages
411
Reaction score
181
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got some new fish and corals, got a nice frag of monti cap and have glued the plug to the back glass to hopefully fill in the empty space, do u think it will work?

Screenshot_20201007-125151.png
 
100% I do.

I had thought I long killed my monti cap as it was getting out of control(must have left a very small piece on a rock I didn't see). A few month later it's growing on my overflow/back glass like a boss.

20201007_075835.jpg
 
100% I do.

I had thought I long killed my monti cap as it was getting out of control(must have left a very small piece on a rock I didn't see). A few month later it's growing on my overflow/back glass like a boss.

20201007_075835.jpg
Man that's nice, I've got the same one. Hopefully it looks good, was thinking if it's on the back it won't shade any other corals and it will fill up the space, might add another frag of gsp to the back too.


What's the growth rate on cap?
 
For sure! The Winter Park, FL WWC shop has a display tank with a cap on the back wall that is beautiful. Totally doable!!
 
When I had it in full light, you could almsot watch it add skeleton. No seriously, monti caps grow so fast when they are happy, you can almost see them add skeleton.

This was the full colony before I removed it. I had to break a dollar sized piece of it off weekly so I could get my glass scraper between it and the glass.

20190903_084659.jpg
 
For sure! The Winter Park, FL WWC shop has a display tank with a cap on the back wall that is beautiful. Totally doable!!
Thanks buddy! Look forward to seeing in a year down the road.
 
When I had it in full light, you could almsot watch it add skeleton. No seriously, monti caps grow so fast when they are happy, you can almost see them add skeleton.

This was the full colony before I removed it. I had to break a dollar sized piece of it off weekly so I could get my glass scraper between it and the glass.

20190903_084659.jpg
Looks beautiful. My first sps so hopefully it does well. Hoping to get some branching corals soon if it does well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new