Growout Contest - Krusty Kraken

Easy GIF
Like taking candy from a bunch of grown babies
 
Let's make this the official signup list for the Dust Bowl Corals - Krusty Kraken growout contest.

Now for the details:

Entry will be $100 each and that includes shipping, Krusty Kraken sculpture, and the growout frag of Cyphastrea. Exact cyphastrea is TBD but will likely be a bling bling or meteor shower. I'll nail this down when I get the list of contestants nailed down.

Everyone will start with the same size frag.
what about the Kraken?
Rules will be simple:
  1. You must submit an initial entry picture and monthly pictures thereafter.
  2. The first one to fully encrust the structure will win
  3. Have fun!
Krusty the Kraken - 4" long x 3" tall with a plug holder on his head
1770683699076.png
Wait a minute. What size is this thing? More importantly, can I get a miniature whilst everyone else gets a full sized Kraken?

How long is this contest estimated to last? I might not have that much time left?
 
That's a pretty clever idea, should be some pretty neat pieces at the end.
I’m going to sell mine on eBay before the contest ends for big bucks and buy more coral with the money.

OG Dust Bowl Kraken, priceless.
 
what about the Kraken?

Wait a minute. What size is this thing? More importantly, can I get a miniature whilst everyone else gets a full sized Kraken?

How long is this contest estimated to last? I might not have that much time left?
Frags will be in the 3/4 - 1" range is what I'm shooting for.

As for how long it lasts... well that depends on how quick you can grow this stuff out 😎
 
Frags will be in the 3/4 - 1" range is what I'm shooting for.

As for how long it lasts... well that depends on how quick you can grow this stuff out 😎
We choose the starting point on the kraken? Can we frag the frag?
 
We choose the starting point on the kraken? Can we frag the frag?
Good question. The kraken will have a place on top of the head to place the frag plug.

How about this: First entry pic must be with frag in the top of the kraken. After that - fair game with however you mount it and you can frag the frag as you wish 😃
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new