Growth progression under Reef Filtration LEDs

Great tank and beautiful pictures! Your Growth is certainly comparable to T5s and MHs.....thanks for taking the time to share.....

cheers,
Darren
 
Do you think the t5's are needed, or just used for aesthetic purposes? Corals and tank look good! As soon as I find some time, I'll be setting my 110 up with only 2 LED fixtures. You made me with I had more time in the upcoming weeks!
 
Do you think the t5's are needed, or just used for aesthetic purposes? Corals and tank look good! As soon as I find some time, I'll be setting my 110 up with only 2 LED fixtures. You made me with I had more time in the upcoming weeks!

I don't think that the T5s are necessary at all. I got the Gen2 reef filtration fixtures, so I don't have the option of running just the blue diodes by themselves. The fixtures are around a 14k look, but I wanted more blue and also wanted a dawn/dusk cycle, hence the T5s. I would have gone with fewer bulbs, but I got the NEP fixture from a local reefer for less than it would have cost me to retrofit a couple 48" T5s, so it was a no brainer.
 
I don't think that the T5s are necessary at all. I got the Gen2 reef filtration fixtures, so I don't have the option of running just the blue diodes by themselves. The fixtures are around a 14k look, but I wanted more blue and also wanted a dawn/dusk cycle, hence the T5s. I would have gone with fewer bulbs, but I got the NEP fixture from a local reefer for less than it would have cost me to retrofit a couple 48" T5s, so it was a no brainer.

I think the T5s are actually helping a lot. I have the AI Sol Blue on my frag tank and it has a hard time keeping some colors and Corals happy. I believe the T5s provide another spectrum of light that white and blue leds alone can not. I'm planning on using both the AI units and T5s on my next build for this reason...
 
I think the T5s are actually helping a lot. I have the AI Sol Blue on my frag tank and it has a hard time keeping some colors and Corals happy. I believe the T5s provide another spectrum of light that white and blue leds alone can not. I'm planning on using both the AI units and T5s on my next build for this reason...
FWIW, the LEDs from reef filtration also have some red and UV diodes mixed in. I think that they'd do pretty well on their own.
 
hey bud, you got this sweet tank all over the net lol :) good for you man... cant get enough of it myself
 
hey bud, you got this sweet tank all over the net lol :) good for you man... cant get enough of it myself
Not all over...just here and the local forum for CTARS
Thanks for posting this, its hard to find actual "Proof" on led growth

+1 for SWEET tank
Thanks! My LEDs are supplemented by T5s, but in my frag tank I run strictly LED and I've gotten good growth from frags in there as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new