Growth Rate for Borbonius anthias? (Debating on growing one out)

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Borbs have been a dream fish of mine for a very long time but I know they get pretty beefy when they're fully grown which has stopped me from getting one. I've seen Reef Pro consistently bring in ones that are 1" or less so they're very small, I was wondering what the growth rate of a Borb at that size would be like?
Currently I've got a 30gal Non-Photosynthetic Tank (tank is run at 72°F) and a Baby Borb would be the perfect addition. I'd only have it realistically for about 9 months to a year since I need to take this tank down when I go to college and the plan is to either 1) bring it to the Aquarium with me for our Non-Photosynthetic Display (still need to talk about it with the other aquarists) or 2) hand it off to another hobbyist that has the appropriate Tank for it.
Would this be a bad idea? It'd be fed pretty often so I'm a little concerned it'll grow pretty fast but it is also a Deepwater species so it's metabolism / growth shouldnt be as fast as other species

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Advice to save your money and leave the fish for someone else…., don’t think it’s worth the risk & fair for the fish

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back