Am I going to freak my clownfish out?

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, have had both. Depends on the age of the female, they get nasty when they get older. My 12 year old female in my 125 used to try and chase my hand away but if I had feed her a few pieces of food she is okay with it being in there. Shes a darwin. Female I had before her chased my hand out all the time, swam from one end of the six foot tank to the other to try and bite me. I saw her coming and moved and she jumped out of the tank and went carpet surfing! A few days after that I had the lid open about to poor food in and she jumped and bit me in the forehead. Some clownfish just be like that lol
Yes that is why I just made a screen top for mine. The two I had in my larger tank are both gone. The one became dominate as they do and chased the smaller one into my overflow which is hard to fish it out. It ended up on the carpet. Then just a couple of weeks ago the large one after 2 years decided to jump. But neither of them attacked me. So now screen top on it as well. Now wanting new fish to go with my Tang but I am done with clowns. Very hardy and colorful but what a pain

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 62 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back