What dimensions should I go for?

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m thinking about getting another tank… Currently the only reef tank I have is a Max E 170 but I’ve always wanted tangs. The thing is, I can’t go huge huge because I live in an apartment and even though I’m on the first floor I’m not sure about all the weight. The building I’m in has a crawl space under and only one apartment above mine. I checked in with the property manager when I added my Red Sea 425 XL that’s being used as a planted tank and he said he thinks it’s ok but I’m honestly scared to go much larger after seeing some stories. I’m thinking one of these tanks since they’re right around the same volume as my freshwater tank and the stand is aluminum and tank is acrylic so will save a couple hundred pounds there I think. So I definitely want a Yellow. That one is non negotiable. And I was thinking about a Purple and/or Blue… Would the 3 be able to live in one of these tanks? If not, how much larger would I have to go to accommodate them?

IMG_6607.png

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want those 3 tangs, I'd go with the 100 shown above for maximum single run swimming space. The purple and yellow should do fine in that size. If you just want the yellow, any of the options mentioned will be fine. Even at the 60" long size, it is foreseeable that you'll have to rehome the blue tang in the distant future due to its maximum size. Also highly recommend you look into waterbox tanks if you want a full system.

OP
OP
~MD~Reefs~

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want those 3 tangs, I'd go with the 100 shown above for maximum single run swimming space. The purple and yellow should do fine in that size. If you just want the yellow, any of the options mentioned will be fine. Even at the 60" long size, it is foreseeable that you'll have to rehome the blue tang in the distant future due to its maximum size. Also highly recommend you look into waterbox tanks if you want a full system.
You mean the 60”x18”x20” right? Just making sure because 3/4 are 100Gal just different dimensions

OP
OP
~MD~Reefs~

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I already have a Trigger Systems Platinum 34 Sump with the Automatic Filter roller. So I’m looking for a tank I can put that bad boy to use. The Waterbox tanks are nice but I would have no use for the sump

OP
OP
~MD~Reefs~

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tenecor Aquariums Would you guys be able to do a 60”L x 24”W x 20”H? I like the width dimensions of a 24” tank better, 18” seems a little thin to me and less aquascape opportunities. I see you guys offer a 60x24x24 but not a fan of the height. I’m short lol and can barely do maintenance on my 22”H tank with a step stool. This would be to use along with the Magnum Cabinet you offer

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Tenecor Aquariums Would you guys be able to do a 60”L x 24”W x 20”H? I like the width dimensions of a 24” tank better, 18” seems a little thin to me and less aquascape opportunities. I see you guys offer a 60x24x24 but not a fan of the height. I’m short lol and can barely do maintenance on my 22”H tank with a step stool. This would be to use along with the Magnum Cabinet you offer
This would be my choice if available. I’ve had many tanks over the years and now prefer something as long as possible, at least 24” wide and around 20” tall

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back