I got what I asked for... backfired.

justjes45

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ALL I "thought" I wanted before I got my tank 8 years ago was the wiggly anemone with happy clownfish. Of course this addiction has now spiraled into two tanks. ( one for seahorses and a 80 gal mixed reef.) I finally got things established and happy, added a BEAUTIFUL anemone, and my clown pair love it there. They even laid their first set of eggs recently! ANYHOW... this happy anemone is TOO happy. Now there are FIVE. I am frankly thrilled. I love the movement in the tank.... The clownfish are thrilled... the other corals and mushrooms...not so much. Some I can move, others are rooted on and "stuck". Has anyone here had a similar "problem"? How is it ..... controlled?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
once they have a foothold( :face-with-hand-over-mouth: ), they’re kind of there unless you start plucking them out. nowadays people have anemones in boxes so they can remain contained.

i have one colorado sunburst BTA and key leaving its little cup until one day i said whatever and it has since killed like 20 SPS lol. haven’t done anything to remove it but if it ever splits im taking it out and putting in an anemone box

OP
OP
justjes45

justjes45

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah.. I have no idea how to convince this happy family of monsters to let go of the rock... and of course it is all on the base rocks. not easy to re-do..

OP
OP
justjes45

justjes45

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A "Nem Canon"?!? lolol Is that a thing? I will look into it~ Never heard of it! Thanks!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A "Nem Canon"?!? lolol Is that a thing? I will look into it~ Never heard of it! Thanks!

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah.. I have no idea how to convince this happy family of monsters to let go of the rock... and of course it is all on the base rocks. not easy to re-do..
Just let the tank and inhabitants do what it wants. Run out of space, time for another tank

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back