growth rate on torch,hammer corals

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mstanker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Easy way to tell is the tentacles should not be translucent in appearance. You should be able to find a torch online to compare your color.
 
image.jpg
image.jpg



This picture you can see better
 
I tend to say these are slow growers as they have a huge calcium skeleton they have to build in order to grow new "heads" or split. I may be wrong but thats what I have seen with my euphylias. Also, if it is a single head then it is always going to take longer to start reproducing/splitting.
I do know one reefer who actually gives her hammers and torches away because they grow so fast they are like a weed in her tank, but she does have an immaculate 120 though!
Bro I know hammer corals do not grow that fast. I mean they grow obviously but not like seeds man I have seen Many and I have one in which I take great care of
 
So wold you all say that this coral is bleached also???
Yep thats bleached. Ive had my green torch for almost 5 years. Started with one tiny polyp and now has 16 polyps. Gives you a idea of how fast it grows in my tank.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new