Growth tips on Acropora Loripes?

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you say this is a growth tip on my Acropora Loripes? It has been on this same spot for a few months now getting around 400 PAR with good flow. Other parameters are

Temp: 78F
Salinity: 1.025
Alk: 8.15 dKH
Mag: 1380 ppm
Calc: 440 ppm
NO3: 2 ppm
PO4: 0.03 ppm
pH: 7.8-8.2

Nutrients are low but I feed heavy. I run filter cups with floss, skimmer, GFO/carbon and UV. This white tip has been there for several days now and hasn’t gotten any larger. There have been no major changes in my tank these past few months with regards to lighting, flow, parameters, what I feed, my maintenance routine, etc. The only thing that I can think of that may have stressed it out, is it got knocked over and stayed like that overnight before I found out and re-glued it the following day. This occurred shortly before the white tip appeared. There are no other white patches on the coral, only this. No pests as far as I can tell using a magnifier. Other SPS in my tank are doing fine with no issues. This coral has been encrusting nicely but so far no upward growth these past few months until now maybe? but I wanted to get everyone’s opinions.

A14606AA-7EF5-4DDA-AD7A-DFF0A34BECCA.jpeg

89CE0495-E8F4-4E80-8BAE-40ED84655146.jpeg

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of looks like some of the skin got brushed off or Alk. burn. Hard to tell under the blue lights.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you say this is a growth tip on my Acropora Loripes? It has been on this same spot for a few months now getting around 400 PAR with good flow. Other parameters are

Temp: 78F
Salinity: 1.025
Alk: 8.15 dKH
Mag: 1380 ppm
Calc: 440 ppm
NO3: 2 ppm
PO4: 0.03 ppm
pH: 7.8-8.2

Nutrients are low but I feed heavy. I run filter cups with floss, skimmer, GFO/carbon and UV. This white tip has been there for several days now and hasn’t gotten any larger. There have been no major changes in my tank these past few months with regards to lighting, flow, parameters, what I feed, my maintenance routine, etc. The only thing that I can think of that may have stressed it out, is it got knocked over and stayed like that overnight before I found out and re-glued it the following day. This occurred shortly before the white tip appeared. There are no other white patches on the coral, only this. No pests as far as I can tell using a magnifier. Other SPS in my tank are doing fine with no issues. This coral has been encrusting nicely but so far no upward growth these past few months until now maybe? but I wanted to get everyone’s opinions.

A14606AA-7EF5-4DDA-AD7A-DFF0A34BECCA.jpeg

89CE0495-E8F4-4E80-8BAE-40ED84655146.jpeg
Looks like tissue damage to me.

OP
OP
FrugalReefer

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post a white light pic. Don't think it's growth tips, but hard to really tell with all the blue.
This is under a 150W Nicrew Hyperreef, 100% blue and 30% white. My reef pics always come out looking like this with my iPhone 11. Any tips/advice on how to get better looking pics.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back