Grye xf 150/250 question

dirkdirk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this may be long but here it goes:

way back when the gyre first came out it was speculated that the xf150 would be perfect for a 4 foot long tank. so I got one but then ran into some issues and had to take the tank down before using it. Now on to my current setup I saw that there is a new version out and it can run 2 pump at once of the same type and the 250 should still be good for a 4 foot if the 150 was. so I got a xf250. Well after I have the 250 horizontal at the top of the tank and the 150 vertical on the other end because the 150/250 is way to long with a corner over flow reef ready tank. I also dont run the pump more than 20% as any higher seems to be on the extreme end of flow for a tank of my size. I now wish I bought the 130/230 and would be able to fully utilize these pumps to their fullest potential. right now only being able to bounce between 10 and 20% has been kind of lack luster seems like water is alwasy going in the sameish direction. is it possible to run the 150/250 with only one side of the gyre attached to reduce flow and allow for higher pump %?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
I really do like these pumps just wish I had the smaller ones.
I would like to avoid spending more money on tank equipment at this time so looking for an alternative way to lower gyre flow and try and set up true alternating gyres.
maybe @Maxspect or @CoralVue can help.

Thanks all.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back