Gryphon Saw Durability with Occasional Usage

Pals

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2024
Messages
28
Reaction score
6
Location
Asia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of getting a Gryphon band saw to cut corals and bases. I’m expecting to use it very occasionally only. Any thoughts on whether the set is likely going to be durable with this pattern of usage?

Appreciate advice.
 
I use to use it a few times a week and never had a problem I just ordered new one since I just back into corals after 6 years off.
 
Thinking of getting a Gryphon band saw to cut corals and bases. I’m expecting to use it very occasionally only. Any thoughts on whether the set is likely going to be durable with this pattern of usage?

Appreciate advice.
The blades are the primary consumable, and even those last a good while with the wet cutting process!

My LFS has had theirs for the better part of a decade!
 
As long as you clean it well between uses, I can't imagine that it wouldn't last forever. I've replaced, blades, rubber wheel bands and the blade stops on these. I occasionally make adjustments as well.
 
Hi guys,
I use to use it a few times a week and never had a problem I just ordered new one since I just back into corals after 6 years off.

The blades are the primary consumable, and even those last a good while with the wet cutting process!

My LFS has had theirs for the better part of a decade!

As long as you clean it well between uses, I can't imagine that it wouldn't last forever. I've replaced, blades, rubber wheel bands and the blade stops on these. I occasionally make adjustments as well.


just an update. Bought the saw and i would say its the best tool purchase ever. Cuts anything that is hard. Wet or Dry. Worked like a breeze when I used it to cut the aluminium frames of the jumpguard. After using that, I washed up the whole set and kept the blade separately.

Have been using RODI which seems fine to the corals so far. Less issue with corrosion to the saw as well.
 
Hi guys,







just an update. Bought the saw and i would say its the best tool purchase ever. Cuts anything that is hard. Wet or Dry. Worked like a breeze when I used it to cut the aluminium frames of the jumpguard. After using that, I washed up the whole set and kept the blade separately.

Have been using RODI which seems fine to the corals so far. Less issue with corrosion to the saw as well.
I’m glad you like it! Haha those diamond coated blades will cut glass even, if you’re not concerned about blade life!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new