GSM mating/nesting Behavior

robharold

Farmer wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you look for to ascertain whether your GSM's are showing mating/nesting behavior?

Mine have gotten more aggressive recently, and also begun to remove all the sand from around their anemone and the rock surrounding them.

What do you think?

cl2ysta1

I
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I breed clownfish. As far as nesting behavior that could be or it could be not. If you are interested in getting them to breed and raising fry I would suggest positioning a small tile next to where they normally host. If you are lucky, and I haven't had a clown yet not lay on the tile if introduced BEFORE they start laying not take to it.

You are going to want to make sure you are keeping their water quality very good. Along with feeding them well. Selcon soaked frozen a few times a day, and additional flake or whatever dry foods you feed also. If and when they start laying you will want to start a calander and write down what day they lay and what day they hatch. Do not try to raise the first 3-4 batches. there are many reasons not to. I'd suggest getting the "clownfish" book by joyce wilkerson, and also look into how to raise rotifers.

GSM are actually the hardest clownfish to raise because their fry are born so tiny, but don't worry if you can get them going you will be able to raise any clownfish. Here are a pic of my little guys.

This one is going through meta.
fishes011.jpg

Just through meta
fishes005-1.jpg

these guys are about a month and a half old now. they are next to a temp probe for size comparison

newpix023.jpg

newpix024.jpg

newpix025.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 100 43.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 107 46.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.6%
Back