GSP acting crazy

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone! I came home to see my main GSP frag with no polyps out but the frags right next to it are still completely extended. Does anyone have an idea on what could have happened? I don’t think it could be my inhabitants because this has never happened before and the tank has been up since August. Also all I have is a clown, a blue damsel, dwarf blue legged hermits, some small feather dusters, an astrea snail, and tons of stomatella snails. It could maybe be the clown if it tried to host? I don’t think it’s the water chemistry because all other vitals are out and looking great. Thank you all!

7E928966-9E07-4818-9710-6FA9D458B396.jpeg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It could be parameters. My gsp is the first to respond, but any of the crabs or fish can make it close as well.

OP
OP
Corey Shelk

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be parameters. My gsp is the first to respond, but any of the crabs or fish can make it close as well.
Yeah I think it could be a possibility. Although that doesn’t explain why the frags right above it are still extended and the small frag I have in the middle of the tank is still extended as well.

divetoday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think it could be a possibility. Although that doesn’t explain why the frags right above it are still extended and the small frag I have in the middle of the tank is still extended as well.

Hard to remember but corals are individuals. We all have grumpy days. Probably just irritated by something. Let us know if it opens back up.

OP
OP
Corey Shelk

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They opened back up yesterday morning and midday were closed up and same with today. Maybe it’s my light schedule, although it still doesn’t explain why they are the only GSP not expended. Maybe they are just being trump :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back