Gsp acting weird

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a gsp frag that i was trying to get to spread on the back wall of my tank. But i could not get that to spread, so i moved it on some live rock. Now it is all closed up. Is this normal behavior i realize that soft corals can be moody sometimes.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it will close up if its disturbed. Completely normal. Give it a day. Gsp is literally the hardest coral to kill even over xenia.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it will close up if its disturbed. Completely normal. Give it a day. Gsp is literally the hardest coral to kill even over xenia.
image.jpg

Does this kinda look disturbed still, its been about two days. Its in a lower flow zone of my tank so it might be getting used to it.

Cory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Does this kinda look disturbed still, its been about two days. Its in a lower flow zone of my tank so it might be getting used to it.
Looks like it might be disturbed still. My star polyps dont open up fully until their in bright light. Also if you move them, they will close up for a while. What are your water parameters?

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it might be disturbed still. My star polyps dont open up fully until their in bright light. Also if you move them, they will close up for a while. What are your water parameters?
I will check tomorrow and let you know my iPad is about dead and phone is dead right now.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were you looking for in terms of water parameters. I can test nitrates, phosphates, and a few other things. Everything seems to be doing fine in my tank but I have api test kits and there not really reliable.

Cory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were you looking for in terms of water parameters. I can test nitrates, phosphates, and a few other things. Everything seems to be doing fine in my tank but I have api test kits and there not really reliable.
Id post everything you have. In particular what device do you use to measure salinity?

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those aren't very good devices to use. Is it a plastic swinging arm? Those can be very innacurate.
yes thats the one I mean. I also have a huge kenya tree in my tank and every invert I have in the tank seems to be doing great. I would notice if something was wroping with the salinity. My tank is also very mature.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back