Gsp color loss

muggle0981

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So….2 months ago tank went thru a funk for like a week…all gsp closed up, toadstool all closed up, kenya trees were not extending.

tank had been running for a year w/no issues and was an upgrade from a 12yr established tank…

tested water at the time
Nitrates 20-high but have softies and some lps

phosphate .1

salinity 1.026

mangnesium was in range 1275-lower end

alk was 7.8

calcium 440

so did some decent water changes-and what not

did lose prior 4 small chromis that i believer were murdered-never found the bodies, lost a yellow wrasse which i found the body and was a 7yr old fish, and something killed my orange shoulder tang of a year-recovered body-thinking my blue killed it as i noticed my blue tang now sleeps where the orange shoulder always slept-recovered his body-ammonia was .1 which was surprised i had traces of ammonia

since then everything seems to be back on track

But my gsp that were bright green are opening up but seem like they lost all their green color-some green is coming back but wondering what would have made then lose color??

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say, but GSP are incredibly resilient. Whatever killed your fish may also have been a contributing factor with your corals taking a hit. I think if you maintain stable water parameters you'll find the GSP probably bounces back before long.

ncjeepguy75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah...my gsp are no longer green, well at least 2 of the patches that I have...the patch on the back glass is crazy green but the other 2 are just purple...cannot seem to pinpoint what the issue is...they were all green for over 9 months and then in a matter of a few weeks turned purple....
pH 7.8
Nitrate 12.6
Phosphate .06
Salinity 35.4
Alkalinity 9.57
Calcium 490
Magnesium 1500
Lighting: Viparspectra blue 60, white 20

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back