gsp coral has not opened After

Sergioh6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gsp coral has not opened since i put a hob
skimmer 100 gallon in my 40 gallon breeder
could this be the problem ? It was nice and open before, skimmer has been running for 4 days and water is crystal clear it pull out alot of waste already

No water change
No new light
Salinity 1.025
Everything was fine until I introduced the protein skimmer and I don’t want to take it off because I really like what is doing

0C6BDC86-25CE-4036-8277-506A9C528367.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank, nitrates and phosphates may have gone to zero with the new filter and that might make your star polyps angry and hungry. They thrive in dirtier water. Shut the new pump off. Dump a bit of the skimmate back into the tank and see if the gsp comes around.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank, nitrates and phosphates may have gone to zero with the new filter and that might make your star polyps angry and hungry. They thrive in dirtier water. Shut the new pump off. Dump a bit of the skimmate back into the tank and see if the gsp comes around.
Wouldn't it be smarter to Test the water parameters since that's a good place to start on all diagnostics?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't it be smarter to Test the water parameters since that's a good place to start on all diagnostics?
My assumption filled diagnosis was based upon information given in the post, but of course you are correct that testing would supply more specific information. I also presumed the poster does not test nutrients since only salinity was posted?

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is GSP the only thing in this new tank? Any fish? Do you feed the tank? GSP are like cockroaches. Hard to kill. You're going to need good test kits on this adventure. Might as well start now.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back