GSP (green star polyps)--removal from rocks advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter hobie61
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hobie61

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2020
Messages
148
Reaction score
101
Location
Essex Jct., VT
What state or country do you live in
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I would like to remove GSP from my rockwork. Mistakenly added it a couple years ago, and now taking more territory than desired, along with killing other corals. Is there a decent way to remove quite a bit of it from the rockwork? I trim and pull batches off every now and then, but grows back. Has become a frustrating endeavor. I would like to add other corals in its place. I'm unable to pull the rockwork from the tank. Almost as bad as some zoas that i have too (another menace). Thanks for your time and advice.
 
Post in a local group that you’ll trade clean rock for gsp covered rock
 
Hi, I would like to remove GSP from my rockwork. Mistakenly added it a couple years ago, and now taking more territory than desired, along with killing other corals. Is there a decent way to remove quite a bit of it from the rockwork? I trim and pull batches off every now and then, but grows back. Has become a frustrating endeavor. I would like to add other corals in its place. I'm unable to pull the rockwork from the tank. Almost as bad as some zoas that i have too (another menace). Thanks for your time and advice.
I yanked mine off the rock, but I don't think it was attached all that well.

I like the idea of posting for a trade, because removing the rock is likely the only reliable way of removing the GSP.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new