OP
OP
hawk82

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, pretty monochromatic throughout. But what it lacks in color it makes up for in ‘sway’ in the current. :cool:

Mine have a very little faint tip of green on the tips, you cant see it in pic. But I do have to agree with you, they ‘sway’ very nice! Even if they arent bright green, they are still nice to look at.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine have a very little faint tip of green on the tips, you cant see it in pic. But I do have to agree with you, they ‘sway’ very nice! Even if they arent bright green, they are still nice to look at.

There are some pink variety's and such but they can also lose their color... it is totally possible they will color up in time.

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two different colonies of gsp 20 years ago and still have them to this day. One is the bright green with long flowing polyps that looks like fields of swaying grass. The other is a more compact pinkish brown color with mint green centers. They both spread quickly and will even grow together. They’re great in my “non reef” tanks along with Kenya tree corals as they require very little other than moderate light.
7E3F0378-A7A2-4872-BFA8-6338D80B2506.jpeg
C96E8239-5AC9-490C-A16B-9E6887CE90B5.jpeg

Rouxdog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possible for GSP to lose their green color. I had a small colony that was doing great, growing and a vibrant green color that lost the green all together. I began doing more frequent water changes thinking maybe they were lacking something like iodine and the color came back over a few months. I guess they loss some of their zooxanthellae. Maybe yours will become more green over time.

OP
OP
hawk82

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possible for GSP to lose their green color. I had a small colony that was doing great, growing and a vibrant green color that lost the green all together. I began doing more frequent water changes thinking maybe they were lacking something like iodine and the color came back over a few months. I guess they loss some of their zooxanthellae. Maybe yours will become more green over time.

Maybe, I ordered them online, and thats the way they came. So I dont know if they were ever green or not.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back