GSP won't suck to glass

smarcuscofer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yeah I've glued some GSP to my back glass it keeps falling off first I tried a nice glob second I tried less glue both times I scraped with a razor and brushed the glass to make sure it was clean any suggestions am I gonna have to drain it low enough to get the glass dry or try epoxy I appreciate and give thanks for all your help and advice in advance

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've always been able using super glue gel to stick on a glass surface.
It does help if it's clean and use a big glob of glue and push it flat.
The glue will skin over immediately in the water. But if you use a glob, the inside part is still liquid ( gel) and will squish out on both surfaces.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take an old/cheap reef safe glass cleaning magnet and glue a small rock covered with GSP, then place it on the back glass.
After a while it’ll outgrow the rock and move to the glass, when this happens - take the magnet with the GSP and detach it from the current location and place it in another spot so it’ll start to grow there as well.

Do this how many time you need to quickly cover the back glass.

This of course works with many other corals, not only GSPs. And it works quite well.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey yeah I've glued some GSP to my back glass it keeps falling off first I tried a nice glob second I tried less glue both times I scraped with a razor and brushed the glass to make sure it was clean any suggestions am I gonna have to drain it low enough to get the glass dry or try epoxy I appreciate and give thanks for all your help and advice in advance
I glued it to an aquarium magnet then attached it to the glass

OP
OP
S

smarcuscofer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've cleaned and scrubbed the spot twice aside from drained and dried I feel like I've been pretty good about getting a clean surface to glue on I'm gonna try again it last like a week then it randomly jumps off the glass it's strange I thought for sure I had it secure this time then I look over at the tank and a coral jumps off the back glass it's frustrating I will try again for the third time lol

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure to glue it low as it will grow up the glass. I tried several times to glue it and gave up. I set a piece that was growing on a rock and leaned it against the glass and it started to grow up the glass. It does take some time depending how quick yours grows.

musel101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it-could-be-a-while-terry-carson.gif

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back