Gsp

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone Is unfortunate enough to have mistakenly added some Green Star Polyps to your tank, And want them Gone.... I wanted to redo my Rockwork so while I had the chance I gave my GSP a wire brush bath and the brush Won. It actually removed them quite easy but made a big mess as they kinda shot all over the floor when you brush them off. It's been around 24hrs and not a sign of any survivors:bigsmile: so far. If the rock they were on wasn't one of the largest in the tank i would have just chucked it, Now I have made room for around eight new SPS colony's that look much better than those darn gsp, RIP:xd: I tried several other ways to get rid of them but this works the best so I figured I would share....

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the tip. It worked beautifully. I've been watching and annoyed by the two little slivers of GSP that were left on a live rock after the move from my old tank. I think this will work with other annoying creepy crawlers such as daisy like clove polyps, too.

Tomoko

OP
OP
poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Survivor

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the tip. It worked beautifully. I've been watching and annoyed by the two little slivers of GSP that were left on a live rock after the move from my old tank. I think this will work with other annoying creepy crawlers such as daisy like clove polyps, too.

Tomoko
I could not believe my eye's, There was one sole GSP poked It's ugly head out today but was quickly eradicated with some tweezers. Now there Is peace In the world again as we are GSP free....LOL:sure:

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad you mentioned that. I checked my rocks and I found that I missed a couple of spots completely! These GSP are sure pesty :( I gotta take care of it this weekend. I hope I don't cause another landslide....

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Squirt a little kalcwasser (sp?) paste on 'um. That's what I do. You may have to use more than one application. Also works well on aiptasia, tulips, mushrooms, stray palys, etc.

OP
OP
poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalk Paste

Squirt a little kalcwasser (sp?) paste on 'um. That's what I do. You may have to use more than one application. Also works well on aiptasia, tulips, mushrooms, stray palys, etc.
Yeah that works too, But when you have a 12"X 8" mat of GSP that Is not possible to do that way. I've been killing Aptasia like that for many years and It works well.
Thanks Harry, When you coming to Tn ? If you come up this way LMK may want some Frags....:bigsmile:

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But when you have a 12"X 8" mat of GSP that Is not possible to do that way. ....:bigsmile:

Absolutely it will. I had a football size rock covered with GSP. Put a tablespoon sized wad in the middle of that mat. They'll stay closed for several days. When one pops his head out do it again. You gotta stay after um!

I don't know when I'll be coming up that way again. I'm sure if I'm still alive (and out of the hospital and out of jail) I'll be there for the swap. :bigsmile:

OP
OP
poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MTRC Frag Swap

Absolutely it will. I had a football size rock covered with GSP. Put a tablespoon sized wad in the middle of that mat. They'll stay closed for several days. When one pops his head out do it again. You gotta stay after um!

I don't know when I'll be coming up that way again. I'm sure if I'm still alive (and out of the hospital and out of jail) I'll be there for the swap. :bigsmile:
Wow that's actually not that far off. I'll see you then and send you a pre order list.:sure:

dolphinfan213

fish fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i personally love my gsp--even the brown star polyps, i have been lucky to keep them contained exactly where i want them--so i would never get rid of them, but if you guys have some that you want to get rid of, pm me and i"ll pay for shipping to me

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 148 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back