GuamBubblehead making home in NY.

GuamBubblehead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello im new here and i recently upgraded a 40gal FOWLR to a 75gal tank (wanted to go 180 or larger but others said no way) anyways i had the 40gal for about 2.5 years and upgraded. Anyways went through nO cycle on the new tank and parameters are looking good. Havent tested phosphates, magnesium, strontium or iodine yet. Anyways was thinking its time to go with some corals.
Have 2 percula clowns, 1 rainbow wrasse, 1 hippo, and a damsel. Inverts include decorate crab, emerald crab, 1 peppermint shirmp, 1 chocochip starfish, 1 brittle star, 1 sea urchin, and a slug i got part of liveaquarias clean up crew. I think my wrasse ate a lot of my snails. Was going through a diatom bloom for a while think its cleaned up a good bit though. Have a icecap 3k and 2 other heads along with a canitser filter, skimmer, and 2 hob filters. Nitrates 0-10ppm. Got some purple and red algae popping up. Any advice on the classification of the brown crap by the 2 heads would be nice. Brown and hairy. Have some green algae starting to grow by the icecap power line which a cleaning will take care of in about a week.
So yea corals. I was thinking getting a 10 pack beginner from fishnreef.com as i have no good lfs close. Advice?
20180617_183357.jpg
20180617_183351.jpg
20180617_183341.jpg
20180617_183348.jpg
Thanks to tampasaltwater for the initial setup.

OP
OP
G

GuamBubblehead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recommendations on a beginner reef pack? was thinking somewhere between 10-20 mixture? maybe some placement advice as well. I do not have my own ATO yet and no sump/refugee so have to be able to accept small possible changes in chemistry. not looking to break the bank either please as the upgrade already partially did that..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back