Guidance on reef tank stocking

  • Thread starter Thread starter grs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

grs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. First time posting. I have had a 14g saltwater set up for 2 years. I wanted to make sure I could stay commited and keep it up before I stocked it. I didn't want to rush, so I've had an urchin and 1 coral in it. After two years, I feel like I am committed to the keep up, so I am ready to slowly add more tank inhabitants. I am wanting to do mostly soft corals and LPS. Keeping in mind its a 14g, what corals would you start with? I am planning to add about a coral every two - three months to make sure it is settled before adding another, and to make sure I have the lighting and all right for it. Also, I do not plan to add fish as I feel it is too small to have any.

My set up is 14g cube with a extrernal canister filter, heater, small skimmer that hooks on the side and a wave maker. Inhabitants are a tuxedo urchin and a duncan coral. Live rock and live sand. Light is a NICREW LED.

Thanks in advance. If another post answers these questions from the past, feel free to link it.
 
1769988889192.jpeg


I'm a sucker for a good neon cabbage leather. (Incredibly easy to cut back with a sharp xacto knife or pair of scissors if it gets too big.)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new