- Joined
- Mar 1, 2025
- Messages
- 14
- Reaction score
- 8
- Location
- Oklahoma
- What state or country do you live in
- Oklahoma
Hey Everyone!
I'm new to saltwater tanks in general as of a couple of weeks ago and thought I would share my recent order of live ocean rock from Gulf Live Rock. I ordered this past Sunday (3/2/25) and the order shipped out yesterday (3/3/25). I chose next day air shipment where they deliver to your door and less than 24 hours later, UPS was delivering the live rock to my door. I ordered 55 lbs of live rock to place in my new tank and a larger centerpiece piece for my quarantine tank and I was very impressed with the quality and life on the rock!
The 55 lb shipment was split into two boxes and both were packaged extremely well. The live rock in both boxes came wrapped twice in plastic bags and then had paper towels placed over the rocks.
If anyone can help ID any hitchhikers, corals, sponges, etc., that'd be really helpful for a newbie like me! I'd really appreciate it! Here's a couple photos of how the rock looked in my new tank (45 gallons):
These are photos of one of the larger rocks I placed in my quarantine tank.. definitely has more life and variety on it and was very cool to see:
Also, looks like I may have gotten some sort of aptasia looking thing? I'm a noobie as I said but I'm not sure if this is the kind that spreads. There's several on this one piece that look the same. I believe this rock is from the Gulf of Mexico. Any ID or assistance with this would be helpful!
Also, does anyone know what this worm thing is hanging off of the rock? It appears to be alive because it keeps pulsating almost, retracting and doing things like that, but just a little freaky lol.
Anyways, I would definitely recommend Gulf Live Rock. I believe the owner's name is Dan? They shipped very quickly, I received my order very quickly, and the quality of the rock is amazing. Good or bad hitchhikers - I would definitely recommend! I am very excited to see what pops out in the coming weeks or months and to start on my reefing journey!
I'm new to saltwater tanks in general as of a couple of weeks ago and thought I would share my recent order of live ocean rock from Gulf Live Rock. I ordered this past Sunday (3/2/25) and the order shipped out yesterday (3/3/25). I chose next day air shipment where they deliver to your door and less than 24 hours later, UPS was delivering the live rock to my door. I ordered 55 lbs of live rock to place in my new tank and a larger centerpiece piece for my quarantine tank and I was very impressed with the quality and life on the rock!
The 55 lb shipment was split into two boxes and both were packaged extremely well. The live rock in both boxes came wrapped twice in plastic bags and then had paper towels placed over the rocks.
If anyone can help ID any hitchhikers, corals, sponges, etc., that'd be really helpful for a newbie like me! I'd really appreciate it! Here's a couple photos of how the rock looked in my new tank (45 gallons):
These are photos of one of the larger rocks I placed in my quarantine tank.. definitely has more life and variety on it and was very cool to see:
Also, looks like I may have gotten some sort of aptasia looking thing? I'm a noobie as I said but I'm not sure if this is the kind that spreads. There's several on this one piece that look the same. I believe this rock is from the Gulf of Mexico. Any ID or assistance with this would be helpful!
Also, does anyone know what this worm thing is hanging off of the rock? It appears to be alive because it keeps pulsating almost, retracting and doing things like that, but just a little freaky lol.
Anyways, I would definitely recommend Gulf Live Rock. I believe the owner's name is Dan? They shipped very quickly, I received my order very quickly, and the quality of the rock is amazing. Good or bad hitchhikers - I would definitely recommend! I am very excited to see what pops out in the coming weeks or months and to start on my reefing journey!
