Gulf live rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alaska209
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The live rock and live sand is all
You need to cycle the tank. My tank cycle was done in less than two weeks.
 
The live rock and live sand is all
You need to cycle the tank. My tank cycle was done in less than two weeks.
So you had an ammonia reading after adding the rock and it dropped to 0?
 
My sand and rock are due to ship on Monday.
I'm adding it to a new tank with dry live rock and no livestock.

So I put it right into the tank, then wait a week or two?

Should I dose ammonia and if it drops to 0 I'm good to go?
Also, I've been dosing microbacter 7 and ammonia the last couple days.
“So I put it right into the tank, then wait a week or two?“

Yes. If after two weeks you want the assurance of nitrification cycle, then add ammonia and note its drop to zero after 24 hours..

With respect to bacteria in a bottle. Save your money.
 
My Gulf Live Sand arrived an hour ago!
I ordered a pound of sand and 3lbs of base rock rubble.

I just dumped the sand on top of my existing sand and really like the rubble look.

The base rock rubble was a mix of sizes and some I tucked into existing rock work and a couple larger pieces I used as islands.

I'm very help with the whole process. Shipped USPS in a timely manner, no smell, the pieces were just what I wanted, very happy.

Now get to cycling you little bacterial Boyz and girlz.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new