GX12 3 pin and DS18B20

Broady2067

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have now got my 3 pin GX12 plugs and my DS18B20 sensors. My question is is there a wiring diagram for which wire goes to whatever pin?

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, for the GX 12 plugs with 3 pins, I'm not sure. I would imagine that all pins are likely equal, except for the alignment notch.

Regarding the DS18B20, here is a datasheet I have been using. Take note though that the bottom view is with the pins poking your eyes if you get to close ... I almost did this the wrong way around the first time ^^

For me it looks like this:

image.jpg

You see the round side of the package looking up, while black is GND, blue is signal and yellow is VCC.

Now that I’m thinking about it, was this even what you wanted to know, or do you already have the sensors on a cable ?

OP
OP
Broady2067

Broady2067

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have the temp sensors on a cable. I was just making sure that there was not a specific pin for say the ground. I seem to remember a post from @ranjabout some audio plugs having one pin for ground.

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have the temp sensors on a cable. I was just making sure that there was not a specific pin for say the ground. I seem to remember a post from @ranjabout some audio plugs having one pin for ground.

There is a convention that the "sleeve" (the bottom most connection toward the wire) is ground for audio applications. In this case, its all up to you.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 142 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back