Gyer placement.

Aaron88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right area or not, but hopefully someone here can help me out.
I have a 40g cube and bought a 2k icecap gyer. I places the gyer on the back end of my
54244502-B699-4610-BC20-BA6F1450116C.jpeg

OP
OP
Aaron88

Aaron88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right area or not, but hopefully someone here can help me out.
I have a 40g cube and bought a 2k icecap gyer. I places the gyer on the back end of my
54244502-B699-4610-BC20-BA6F1450116C.jpeg
Looks like a lot of my post got cut off for some reason.
So when I place the gyer in the back about 1/2 down it kicks the sand from the front of tank away exposing the bare bottom of the tank. When I moved the gyer up closer to the water surface it was giving me little water tornadoes. So I’ve moved it to the side of the tank with it virtual. The only issue I’m seeing so far is the lack of water move on the surface.
All of these placements have been with the gyer on the lowest setting. And I’ve tried all the different types of styles of gyer that came preset.

shaggydoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a big gyre for a 40. Wherever you put it plan on a low setting. I had a 1k in my 60 cube and had it mounted sideways (vertically). I never put it above 50% because any higher really irritated my euphylias. You can mount it horizontally at the top instead of the vertical position you have now. The horizontal position at the top will give you the most surface agitation and shouldn't create vortexes like you are seeing with a top mounted vertical orientation.

OP
OP
Aaron88

Aaron88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a big gyre for a 40. Wherever you put it plan on a low setting. I had a 1k in my 60 cube and had it mounted sideways (vertically). I never put it above 50% because any higher really irritated my euphylias. You can mount it horizontally at the top instead of the vertical position you have now. The horizontal position at the top will give you the most surface agitation and shouldn't create vortexes like you are seeing with a top mounted vertical orientation.
My fault it is a 1k. I had it mounted horizontally and was getting the vortex on the lowest setting. It was mounted cent tank about 1/3 of the way down.

shaggydoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, you should be able to mount horizontally at the top without vortexes. Check the positioning of the cages. You want the water shooting out parallel to your waterline and not angled up towards the top of your tank

OP
OP
Aaron88

Aaron88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, you should be able to mount horizontally at the top without vortexes. Check the positioning of the cages. You want the water shooting out parallel to your waterline and not angled up towards the top of your tank
I think that was the issue. My slots where in the wrong place.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 38 21.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 59.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back