Gyre 150's

I'm interested In a couple of these. Right now I have mp40s but the flow is too centralized. Do these send a wide flow? So even when mounted on side the front and back areas get a little push? Seems like it since they're so long.
 
I'm interested In a couple of these. Right now I have mp40s but the flow is too centralized. Do these send a wide flow? So even when mounted on side the front and back areas get a little push? Seems like it since they're so long.

Yes these things have crazy flo! I have 2 mp40's aswell and these things blow them away as far as flow across my whole tank. I can actually take my mp40's out if I wanted to. I just put them on my back wall and let them pulse on low since its only 30" from front to back
 
I have two gyre 150's and two mp40wes on my 4'×4'×16 inch zoa tank and the gyres do move alot of water with a wide path of flow imo. I have them on speed 6 and they blow my sand all over.
 
How do they connect to apex? Through the wxm or can you only turn it on and off?? I like to program flow through the the day.
 
They connect through Icecap Gyre Interface Module, check it out on Coralvue site, some amazing programs for it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new