Gyre 300 series?

OP
H2Ocooled

H2Ocooled

View Badges
Reaction score
I will defiantly post an update when its in my tank, right now I only have the returns on my tank so this should be a big help with flow.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
does the 300 series work with the 200 series extension cord? Or icecap one?

OP
H2Ocooled

H2Ocooled

View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone receive their new Gyre 300 unit? Mine just arrived today but its at home and I'm at work so it will have to wait.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
I got mine yesterday. Looked at it and put it back in the box. I’m going away for a week on Saturday and don’t want to make any tank changes before I leave. Very tempting though.

OP
H2Ocooled

H2Ocooled

View Badges
Reaction score
I finished up installing it, great unit, its pretty quiet it is the first gyre pump I have used so I don't have any comparison with the older ones. The only sound I hear is a slight hum when it changes speeds up and down, this is on the side of my tank, on the back I could barely hear anything. I ordered the controller for this so I can use the app to change things I think it will be a lot easier than the pump unit.

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I finished up installing it, great unit, its pretty quiet it is the first gyre pump I have used so I don't have any comparison with the older ones. The only sound I hear is a slight hum when it changes speeds up and down, this is on the side of my tank, on the back I could barely hear anything. I ordered the controller for this so I can use the app to change things I think it will be a lot easier than the pump unit.
I'm thinking in going do to wireless as well. Any pics of it on your tank?

SaltwaterAq

View Badges
Reaction score
Here's 3 really cool things about them.

1. Redesigned the pump with less parts and a more intuitive cleaning & assembly. EASY TO TAKE APART AND CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. compatible with the Maxspect Connect ICV6 module allow app control
3. Twin Directional Flow Cages

SaltwaterAq

View Badges
Reaction score
We still have about 40x left of the first 180x we got in if you guys want one. We just reloaded with a top of of stock. It's probably going to be at least a month until the second US shipment arrives.

FutNA

View Badges
Reaction score
I had the 250's. I just got mine yesterday and I would have to say it's quieter.

acer

View Badges
Reaction score
Will the magnet hold on 14 mm glass?

OP
H2Ocooled

H2Ocooled

View Badges
Reaction score
That magnet is very strong, I had to get something under it to remove it from the tank. Not sure what its rated for though.

acer

View Badges
Reaction score
Great thanks , that was one complaint I used to read about = the magnets not holding.

FutNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Great thanks , that was one complaint I used to read about = the magnets not holding.
The magnets are very strong. I’ve had the 250 models and now theses. They held well.

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Here's 3 really cool things about them.

1. Redesigned the pump with less parts and a more intuitive cleaning & assembly. EASY TO TAKE APART AND CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. compatible with the Maxspect Connect ICV6 module allow app control
3. Twin Directional Flow Cages
Just pulled the trigger on your website! Everyone saying they are quieter made it so I couldnt resist!

Do you want to win a GHL ProfiLux 4 Controller Ultimate set?

• Yes I need a controller

Votes: 83 53.2%
  • Yes I would like to try this controller

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No I'm not going to be an early bird partner member

Votes: 21 13.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
SaltwaterAquarium.com
Mistress Corals