Maxspect gyre brittle split cable !

Chillireef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
bristol
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maxspect gyre MJ-GF2K
The cable going into the motor has become brittle and split . It’s only just over 2 years old . So the cable maxspect have used is obviously not upto the job .
I’d expect this product to last a lot longer .
Doesn’t seem fit for purpose , looks like the salt water and possibly uv light has degraded it, causing it to go brittle and split . Anyone had similar issues?
I’ve contacted the retailer I purchased it from ‘ fit filtration’ here in the uk but still yet to hear back . I also reached out to maxspect on their Facebook page , their response you can see on the photos .
Trust there is nothing in my tank capable of biting any cables ! . What a joke maxspects customer service is . Certainly won’t ever purchase one of their products again .



IMG_6040.jpeg

IMG_6018.jpeg
 
I have had this happen with Tunze products before. It’s like dry rot of the ocean in a glass box. Sucks and not sure what to do to prevent this.
 
I have an Octopus 2 that has the same issue the outer jacket got brittle and cracked off leaving the drive wires exposed!! For $240.00 you would expect more!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new