Gyre Flow pattern

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gammarho55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon, all! I was wondering if anyone had taken the time to setup a flow pattern that's similar to one discussed here:

Since there isn't a way to connect the gyre 350s to the apex (at least as far as I know), was hoping someone had already done the leg work :)

I have the ICV6, but have zero desire to spend another $300 to get the WaveEngine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

U

User1

View Badges
@pelphrey and CJ's Aquariums spend some time talking about this to include a video. Well worth watching if you are a Gyre owner. Great job really so check it out.

OP
OP
gammarho55

gammarho55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pelphrey and CJ's Aquariums spend some time talking about this to include a video. Well worth watching if you are a Gyre owner. Great job really so check it out.

Already using theirs but thanks for responding. Quite a bit different pattern from what BRS used in the video. CJs was more short bursts rather the long, steady flows.

U

User1

View Badges
Already using theirs but thanks for responding. Quite a bit different pattern from what BRS used in the video. CJs was more short bursts rather the long, steady flows.

Not a problem. Wasn't sure if you have seen it or not. Could it be as simple as just increasing or changing the pulse duration or time between pulses (or both)?

Edit: I have 2 x XF250's in my 210 gallon and believe now that I need to upgrade to make best use of them :) Seriously, I feel the wider the tank the better they work. My tank at 54" wide although 30x30 deep/tall is ok with them it isn't with 2 even at low power. Too much chaos in the middle.

nden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my 330s set to alternating gyre, however, the longest ramp time is only 1 minute. There's no setting that can make the ramp longer that I could find. I find it weird that you can set the max flow time up to 8 hours, but the ramp can only go to 1 minute.

Currently I have my gyres ramp up to 60, stay at 60, then ramp back down to 0, and stay at 0. The left and right do the opposite of each other, while one is ramping up and staying at max flow, the other is ramping down and staying at min flow.

OP
OP
gammarho55

gammarho55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my 330s set to alternating gyre, however, the longest ramp time is only 1 minute. There's no setting that can make the ramp longer that I could find. I find it weird that you can set the max flow time up to 8 hours, but the ramp can only go to 1 minute.

Currently I have my gyres ramp up to 60, stay at 60, then ramp back down to 0, and stay at 0. The left and right do the opposite of each other, while one is ramping up and staying at max flow, the other is ramping down and staying at min flow.
Mind sharing your program? Just looking to try something new at this point.

nden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mind sharing your program? Just looking to try something new at this point.
Pump A
Max Flow: your choice
Ramp Up Time: your choice
Max Flow Time: your choice

Min Flow: 0
Ramp Down Time: same as ramp up time
Min Flow Time: same as max flow time

Pump B
Link-up mode: Synchronized
Max Flow: 0
Min Flow: same as what you put for max flow for Pump A

blackstallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are you using the ICV6 controller or just the advanced controller that comes with? I'm trying to determine if the ICV6 supports longer ramp times.

blackstallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same programming options, unfortunately.
Does anybody have any good program's they're willing to share for the ICV6? I've been messing with the custom auto setting and would like to see what people are using in their tank. I prefer a 24 hr cycle that has good flow but not turbulent as I have mainly LFS and sorties...also don't want to stir up sand. I've been using the LTC preset but there's just not enough flow there it seems.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back