help with flow in tank**

Scaggs1117

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2023
Messages
193
Reaction score
39
Location
Queens
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatsup guys, I have the Reefer XL525 60x22x23/ I hve 2 gyres on the back wall spaced evenly on either side of the receiving box. i have them on about 50 power dropping down to 30 at night. On each side wall of the tank i have debao dmp 40. I have those pumps off because thats where this question comes in. if i have them all running, with the wave makers on the side wall mess up the gyre flow? in terms of debris making it to the intake box.
I was also thinking about 2 small wave makers on both sides of intake box at the bottom facing the side walls to keep flow back there behind the rockwork.
Thoughts? any suggestions will be helpful.
 
I don’t think it’s overkill especially since they are adjustable. As far as messing up the gyre flow, it will just create a different tidal flow within the tank. It’s not a good or bad thing per se, as long as you have good flow throughout and not too much that it will irritate corals. Start the dmp 40s low and adjust as needed. Debris and detritus will still find its way to the overflow one way or another
 
I don’t think it’s overkill especially since they are adjustable. As far as messing up the gyre flow, it will just create a different tidal flow within the tank. It’s not a good or bad thing per se, as long as you have good flow throughout and not too much that it will irritate corals. Start the dmp 40s low and adjust as needed. Debris and detritus will still find its way to the overflow one way or another
Thank uou!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new