Gyre for Nano???

RBarth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried most of the gyres out there and unfortunately they are too strong for my 40 cube. Wish they still made the IceCaps 1k. Has anyone found something similar? The 2k with one head was too strong as was the Red Sea 25.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've tried most of the gyres out there and unfortunately they are too strong for my 40 cube. Wish they still made the IceCaps 1k. Has anyone found something similar? The 2k with one head was too strong as was the Red Sea 25.
Likely too much
Koralia nano and sicce nano stream should be good

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a gyre, but I've been really impressed with Tunze 6040 for my 40b. I'm running 2 (opposing ends of tank) and thinking about adding 2 more.

Due the the deflector, flow is broad and gentle -- much less focused than Vortech MP10. IMO it's the perfect pump for the tank volume.

I've got them configured such that one side runs for an hour, the other side ramps up and both run for an hour, then the first side ramps down to 0 and the opposing side runs for an hour.

OP
OP
RBarth

RBarth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My poor aquascape design and coral placement kinda screwed me. I'm running 5...yes 5 pumps on my IM 40. 3 Nero 3's and 2 hygger nano. Neros don't get above 15% though. It works but the problem with that many pumps is...well...me! Always tweaking!!!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 120 74.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back