Gyre programming reverting to first Alternating Gyre mode despite reprogramming to Pulse Mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter slojmn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2009
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
485
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running my Gyre for two days. The first setting I programmed was an "Alternating Gyre" program. After an hour I decided it was too much on forward and the reverse was too weak. I programmed it for higher on reverse and lower on forward. I sat with that for a while and decided to try "Pulse Mode". I really like the "Pulse Mode" and decided to leave it on that setting. I noticed in the middle of the night, hours later, the program reverted to that very first "Alternating Gyre". I reset it to the "Pulse Mode" I liked and left it alone. Hours later I hit the feed mode and when it came back on it was back at that first "Alternating Mode". Once again I set the "pulse mode" and it worked great. I went to bed and this morning I came out and it, once again, had reverted to the original "Alternating Gyre" program. Is there a way to clear all programs and start over again so I can get the "Pulse Mode" to stick?
 
Some other members had the same problem, not sure how that got fixed.
CoralVue will ask you to call in for a claim ticket and it will be fixed.
 
I had the problem of it going to Alternating mode after using the Feed mode when I started in Pulse. The solution was moving quickly from Pulse to Feed. That way it didn't remember Alternating as the last mode. If you pause even a little it will remember Alternating as the last mode.

I have no idea why it would shift to another mode if the Feed mode is not involved. May be a controller issue. As Diesel suggests you can go to the CoralVue site and fill out a ticket. Carlos answers promply.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new