Gyre pump/controller advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mjp83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mjp83

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2015
Messages
54
Reaction score
31
Location
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have a Red Sea Reefer 525xl, which is about 60” wide.
Been using Maxspect gyres for years, currently on a single XF250, in very good condition, but I hate the small screen on controller so wanted to upgrade to the new wifi controller and also add a second gyre. My goal was to buy a single new xf350, BUT the new pump/controller will not work with my xf250!
Please give me some thoughts on choices:
Buy XF330 Dual pump package-$489
Buy XF350 Dual pump package-$579
or
buy IceCap 4K with Wave Engine, which WILL control the XF250 -$329
or
buy 2 sets of Red Sea Wave 45’s -$569 (can score one used at $200)

also there are the AI Orbits, but they look like the IceCaps, but offer a different app to control, but at $319 each, I would just go Maxspect or IceCap, and I have the classic Apex A1, so it won’t hook to it.

seems like going with the IceCap 4K is the best option, I know nothing about it nor it’s interface.
I do have a dedicated Wifi system only for the tank if that helps.
Looking forward to any input!
 
Bumping your post!
 
Great thanks I ordered the Hydros wave engine LE with the 4K IceCap, can’t wait to try it.
Now, looking into new lights as my SBReef lights are 8 years old and glitching….
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new