Gyre vs powerhead? Waterbox 35.2

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a waterbox 35.2 and would like to upgrade to a proper wave maker. I’m torn if I should go with a gyre or two wavemakers. I have an arch Aquascape that is rather large. Pic included, any help is appreciated! (Pic is about a month ago, I have more euphyllia now and will have SPS in the long run)

C200268D-C3D6-4B06-A1FE-0263CC199E95.jpeg

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 MP10's in same tank. They work really well as well. I thought about a gyre but I honestly don't think this tank and it's dimensions would suit that style of wave maker. If got a mightjet 538 and it moves alot of water and the MP's really break the flow nicely.

OP
OP
S

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 MP10's in same tank. They work really well as well. I thought about a gyre but I honestly don't think this tank and it's dimensions would suit that style of wave maker. If got a mightjet 538 and it moves alot of water and the MP's really break the flow nicely.
MP10s are pricey! As for flow though, they’re rated at 1500gph, at what percentage do you run yours? Trying to get my head around how much total flow I need.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MP10s are pricey! As for flow though, they’re rated at 1500gph, at what percentage do you run yours? Trying to get my head around how much total flow I need.
Honestly 2 is overkill but I do have some nice random flow. 60% top right and 40% left side near bottom corner. Both pumps alternate programs. One runs tidal swell while the other runs reef crest and then things dial back as the light start to turn off.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back