Gyre with other powerheads

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey gyre users! I'm considering getting a 250 to go in my 180 standard (6x2x2) and wanted to know what other powerheads people are running. I have 2 of the jebao cannons (pp20 the new and largest ones) that I think I may try to run periodically in conflicting flow of the gyre to create a random turbulence midtank and help get some water in the space between the megaflows. I also have smaller powerheads I (koralias and jebao) I plan to get flow lower in the tank from the back periodically. Thoughts?
I've never used a laminar flow powerhead before, so I don't know what the interaction of the other powerheads flow will be like. I have used dueling koralias before in my old 90 and was very happy with the results.

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Granted I have a smaller tank and smaller power heads I have found this to work quite well so far.
On the right side of tank I have the gyre 150 running in pulse mode with short bursts. On the back wall facing the front I have 2 jebao wp 10 (one is the newer version), both set on w1 (the pulse) on a short burst cycle. They are all out of sync on timing so it will create as much variation in the movement as possible. Hope that helps.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also running a Gyre in pulse mode, but I have the pulses going from minimum speed to 40%, every 10-15 seconds. On the other end of the tank, I have one Hydor cycling on and off every 10 seconds.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back